Interested in pursuing your passion for film, fashion or design in Canada? Study at Toronto Film School. As a top ranked film school in Canada, we have a vibrant international community and welcome students from around the globe.


Apply Study Permit Early


If you are admitted to Toronto Film School, you will need to obtain the proper visa to study full-time and live in Canada.

If you are not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, you must be approved for a study permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Depending on the country of your citizenship, you may also require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV, or ‘entry visa’). It may take several weeks or even months to be issued a study permit and/ or TRV.

Please apply for your study permit as soon as you receive your Toronto Film School Letter of Acceptance.

Visa Requirements


When you are admitted to Toronto Film School, you will need to apply for a study permit.

For more information, please contact [email protected] and/ or visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Immigration and Insurance

  • Review your Confirmation Letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and your study permit to make sure that your name is spelled correctly and that all dates and information are correct.
  • Book your airline ticket only after you have received your IRCC confirmation letter and study permit.
  • Obtain your health insurance. Without coverage, you will not be able to start classes. You can buy your health insurance by visiting www.inglestudents.com/torontofilmschool
  • Make photocopies of important documents and keep them in a safe place or on you while travelling (not in your luggage).
  • Bring a copy of your medical records (including immunizations and exams) and any prescriptions (preferably in English), especially if you suffer from a chronic medical condition.